We’ve had some strange submissions to the ICT help desk this month, including a broken toaster?? and an enquiry about a broadband office installation??? LOL – we can’t help with any of these enquiries so I thought I’d post some of the VALID queries that we CAN help with:
- Internal Seagate drive failed in desktop pc, according to another data recovery company they said they could t do a full scan so they couldn’t do a data retrieval. I originally removed the HD from the October indentify if it it was a pc or Hd problem. When I placed the HD in an external drive reader, it noted a connection and you could hear the drive power up, but it wouldnt assign a drive letter or let me view it
- I have deleted by mistake all my files from my hd external seagate and I would like to know how much do you charge to recover everything back.
- I have a WD MY PASSPORT ULTRA HD 3 TB for around a year and half and suddenly 2 days ago none of my 2 computers can’t seem to access it. The HD shows on disk utility but I’m not able to access it.I have around 500 gb of personal data in there that I would like to recover. I have tried all the methods that I could find online but none have worked so far. As far as I know the HD has never been dropped or tossed.
- Had for some time, attempted to back up – Mac not recognising drive contacted apple care, state disk corrupted and therefore cannot access. Suggest only option is to delete data, but valuable data to me (photos, videos etc) and therefore would like to recover data from hard drive before deleting. The external hard drive is an Iomega 31887300
- My external hard drive has a mechanical fault and is doing that clicking sound. I have a lot of data on it, but the most important thing to me is about 2 years (~40gb) worth of photos.
- I have a WD ‘My Passport’ external hard drive which unfortunately has broken (not recognised as a drive by any computer) and I stupidly have not backed up the data. When I have taken it to Curry’s PC World and a local computer shop they have said my data is unrecoverable by them but suggested some specific data recovery services may be able to do it, but it is a big maybe. I unfortunately have no clue as to the amount of data on it.
- Macbook Air 11″ early 2014 a1465 SSD fault. SSD installed is a Toshiba 128gb. Mac won’t boot from the ssd but will once removed. Recent update to High Sierra could have disabled or broken the SSD. Only 10GB of Photos needs to be recovered. What might this cost to recover if the failure is with the ssd hardware.
So we can’t help with toasters but we can help with the above enquiries…. Speak soon!