Buffalo Linkstation RAID Recovery
This blog examines data recovery services provided by Datlabs Data Recovery a UK company specialising in data recovery services.
Buffalo raid linkstation. No power. Won’t turn on. I tried plugging into 3 different Devices. I am a teacher and it has everything I have ever taught on there and will need to teach on Monday. Really in need of your help please!
My 10TB Buffalo Linkstation was put in a RAID configuration and now it says D: is unaccessable and the disk structure is corrupted and unreadable. When trying to use chkdsk, i get file system is ntfs unable to determine volume version and state. however device manager says its filetype RAW. data recovery software doesnt get any files. my data is very important.
Restore WhatsApp Media from Phone
- Whatsapp on my iphone will not restore my media unless I free up 5GB of iphone storage. My Iphone storage is showing I have over 15GB available. I would like my media restored and do not wish to lose it.
- Iphone X, Water damage repair and data recovery need to restore and rescue WhatsApp messages.
- Iphone 7, Smashed screen and no battery, need to recover Whatsapp data from the phone.
- I am looking for a quote for data recovery on my Ipad Air 2. Unfortunately, a software update seems to have left my ipad permanently rebooting – and thus unusable.
- I would be most grateful for a quote to retrieve the photographs and Whats App messages on the ipad, if possible.
Mac OS can’t repair disk
Hard drive appears on Mac but comes up with an error code saying that OS cannot repair the disk.
The disk is very slow, but can be read, some items can be copied over and backed up but the majority of items come up saying ‘error code 63’.
I have one 3 tb hard drive in a Synology Diskstation mounted as a Synology Hybrid RAID that has failed, so I cannot retrieve any data on it via the Diskstation. (The other hard drive had failed some weeks ago so I had sent it back for a replacement). Could it be revived, and what would the rough cost be?
Drive has stopped powering up, I need to copy the files over to a new one – I’m in Chiswick.
QNAP HS210 in RAID 1, disk 2 failed (very noisy), purchased a new disk and replaced but it didn’t rebuild the array. Upon booting up with just disk 1 it fails to recover the array. QNAP support have stated there’s a hardware failure with disk 1 after running dmesg from ssh with only disk 1 inserted: JBD: Failed to read block at offset 3176
The data from the QNAP and Synology systems is backed up on a Porsche Design Lacie 2tb drive. Dropped on floor and no longer reads. Formatted for Mac. Device sometimes shows up on connected devices and sometimes reads files, but extremely slowly. Have tried data recovery software but does not work.
I have a hard drive that is no longer able to boot or when viewed as a secondary drive on another PC you are unable to initialize disk with the error message “Error initialize disk: the request could not be performed because of an i/o device error.” This was the Primary hard drive for the PC and held the OS, before it stopped booting the PC had become unusably slow but sounded normal, now I do not believe the disk is spinning. My worry is that taking it out of the PC was what killed it.
We are an architectural practice based in Chiswick and we would like to convert data from DDS-3 and DDS-4 discs into usb digital format. They would be a total mix of 12 tapes (still to confirm). Data can go back onto with RAID NAS device hard drive.
Dropped 2tb Toshiba hard drive looking for rough price to recover data and repair please
Lacie 5 Big Thunderbolt RAID drive will not show up on the desktop. It seems that one of the 5 drives has failed, though all the blue LED lights are not indicating there is a problem. In disk utility, it says that 4 of the 5 drives are online, but one is missing/damaged. I need to see if the information on any or all of these drives can be recovered. And you’re correct, LaCie tech support is useless.
Netgear ReadyNAS 4 disk RAID 5
2 2Tb drives and 2 6Tb drives with 6-8Tb data to be recovered. Debían Linux OS, Configured as Linux_Raid, one drive isn’t readable and one looks potentially corrupt. I would like the data recovered to 2 new 6Tb drives and the two existing 6Tb drives. I believe a software based recovery should be possible. Data is mostly flat files with some application files, no databases in the required data.
Micro SD card recovery
I have two 32GB microSD cards (One SanDisk Ultra, one SanDisk Mobile Ultra), neither of which is recognised (I’ve tried multiple high speed reliable card readers and operating systems). Under linux one is detected as a 32MB (Megabyte) drive and the other reports “no media” as if it were a removable drive. I am an expert user and have recovered data from hard drives in the past so I am confident this is a hardware problem in both cases. I suspect (but cannot be certain) than one of the cards came from my old mobile and has some family photos / videos I would l would like to retrieve. I would be happy working with a raw dump of the card(s) – the type the “dd” tool would produce if the cards were working – so long as *some* of the data can be recovered. I would appreciate any information you can provide in terms of options, likely cost and chances of success for recovering this data.
I’ve recently introduced a legal type of data recovery service where the data I extract from phones can be used in UK legal cases. Quite often I’m asked to retrieve deleted text messages, chat, internet histories or videos that were once on the phone but aren’t any longer. Most of the time, especially if the files were recently deleted, getting them back from the phone’s memory is successful. This information can then be used to support or disprove a legal case. In the UK, this process of investigating the contents of mobile phones is known as mobile phone forensics and the experts at this are Data Clinic who have a page on their site about it here: https://www.dataclinic.co.uk/computer-data-forensics/. Some of the enquiries I’ve had lately regarding recovering deleted phone data and files are:
- Iphone 5 apple logo flashes on and off. Cannot get phone to do anything else.Phone has not been backed up.
- My iPhone 7 plus front camera stop working and the staff replace new phone in Apple store. I try to back up data to iCloud for my old phone but i do not know iCloud upload failed in store. My old phone click “erase all content and settings” and reset now as a “not active phone”. The old phone now at home and keep switch off from this issue happened. I just quick check if any chance i can get the photos back from the phone in this situation.
- Iphone 6 stacked on apple logo since yesterday morning 09.03. I need to recover the photos and videos. I don’t need the phone repaired, just the data. Is it something you could help with please?
- I have a Nexus 6P which is stuck in a bootloop. It turns on to the Google logo, displays it for about 10 seconds and then goes black and starts again. The only menu you can access is the bootloader menu. Starting the phone in Recovery mode has the same effect. There’s a large number of sentimental photos and videos on the phone, would you be able to retrieve them and if so could you give me a quote?
- I’m trying to retrieve some WhatsApp messages which I deleted back in January. Accidentally returned to factory settings, and lost photos and videos
It seems that the ICT LEA offices in Doncaster and Swinton (Manchester) have been hit by some sort of malware infection. It’s not altogether clear where this came from but the feeling is the rogue software was introduced into the network by an infected pen-drive.
Malware has corrupted my photos of my young children, a handful of photos remain but the rest just have an orange icon. There is a page asking me to access a tor page to pay the ransom, I haven’t done anything about it, just turning the laptop on occasionally and hoping it’s gone away!!! It happened about 3-4 years ago and hasn’t gone away!
I’ve had my external hard drive (Toshiba 500gb) for a month and yesterday it ceased to power up. This was at the same time that I got a warning message telling me that my computer hard disk had been infected with a malware virus. The blue light is not flashing and there’s no sound coming from it. Yesterday it ejected itself from my computer and did not work anymore. I’ve tried plugging it in to different computers and cables. What I’m really concerned about is the data on it, but if it possible to recover the hard drive itself as well that would be great.
I recently got a form of malware on my computer and i disinfected it using a malware cleaning tool from off the internet. After the program had run it told me to reboot my computer. I did this but not the laptop doesn’t make it past the start up screen, I took it to a local laptop repair guy who said the laptop needed to be re built. He managed to remove the hard drive to keep holiday photos and videos which I wanted that were on there.
Malware can be a real annoyance and sometimes it can unfortunately ruin the data on your hard drive. A useful article about how to detect and remove malware can be read at http://www.techradar.com/news/the-best-free-malware-removal-tools.
We’ve had a busy couple of weeks since the Christmas and New Break, so rather that concentrate singularly on hard drive, phone or “how do I get my data back?” problems, in this post I have included 3 enquiries to the service desk. Now, as we are all governed by different internal IT departments, my advice is that you search through some of the other posts on this blog to find a data recovery provider of choice. Once you’ve located one, if you’d like my personal opinion of them, please contact me privately.
Help retrieving files from Samsung S3 Neo
I was wondering if you would be able to retrieve some files from my relatives samsung s3 neo. The screen is broken but the phone boots up. I have plugged it into my pc to retrieve the files but usb debugging hasnt been enabled so I am unable to access the files without the screen being on. Is this something you could do?
Computer recognises something, but not hard drive
Booted my computer one day and one of my smaller HDDs (1TB) was just no longer visible/accessible; partitions gone, etc..
Windows could recognise that *something* was plugged in but that’s the long and short of it.
There was no work up to it, no weird noises, no drop in disk health (as far as my PC tells me), it just stopped.
I’ve switched cables out incase a cable was damaged, I switched where they were plugged into incase it was a problem with a connection, and so on.
That’s the best I can provide at the moment.
So at this point, unless anything else can be done, I’d just prefer to pull everything off it and throw in for a new HDD.
It’s not got the OS or anything crucial like that on it, it’s just a lot of everything (programs, photos, music, files, etc.) which trying to reaccumulate is more effort than it’s worth.
Dell G620 died – looking to recover photos
Computer – six years old Dell G620 has “died” and would like to try and recover picasa photos , particularly of my late wife. Other documents if possible, but not essential. Am near 80th birthday in six weeks. Can you help and at what cost? E Mail with suggestions would be helpful.
This post is about the ‘Boot Device Not Found‘ error message on HP Pavilion computers. NB: This error message is to do with the computer’s hard drive and I advise you to contact your local support team if you have this problem.
I dropped my hp pavilion laptop (windows 8) and when I turned it on it was bleeping at me and then stopped after about half a minute. The screen is black with a message that says:
Boot Device Not Found
Please install an operating system on your hard disk.
Hard disk (3F0)
F2 system diagnostics
I have pressed F2 and ran a hard drive check and it says:
SMART check: NOT INSTALLED
short DST: NOT INSTALLED
Is this something you would be able to repair as I have photos of my son on there that aren’t backed up.
I have a Western Digital 2TB My Passport External Hard Drive with aprox. 1.2TB of data on. When connected to my HP Pavilion PC it makes a clicking sound for a few seconds and isn’t recognised by my laptop anymore, so I’m sure it’s a mechanical fault. I get a message like “boot device not found” or similar. I can supply a 2nd hd to place any recovered files onto.
External hard drive taking ages to open and then data does not appear in the files. Most of data is camcorder footage.
How long does it take to retrieve the data?
My HP laptop recently stopped working. I took it to a local computer shop, who advised that there was a mechanical fault on the hard drive. I am interested in recovering the data held on the hard drive. Are you able to assist?
I was wondering if you would be able to help my mum has deleted her photos and videos by accident from her Pavilion laptop would you’s be able to get them back for her and if you can how much is the cost for this please.
My wifes 6 year old HP Pavilion computer which she kept using against my advice (the first one!) has developed an error where it can’t find the boot device. It finally stopped working completely / won’t charge or switch on. The phone has family photos and videos on it that weren’t backed up (as connecting drive via USB stopped working a while back). Just wondering what the chances are you can retrieve the video files and photos and how much the cost would be, also where you are based / how we would get the device to you.
Seagate expansion, Dropped it. It is read by laptop but cant see it appearing in my computer. Does not any weird noise.
Here’s a summary of the data recovery enquiries we’ve had at the Service Desk this last month. If you have a similar problem please remember to raise the issue with your local ICT engineer first!
- Hard disk is making clicking noise and wont be seen as a device in my PC. Need to recover files , pictures etc.
- I’m looking for a quote to recover data from my external hard drive. I think it may have been dropped at one point as it’s making a strange noise and my laptop won’t read the device. I also wanted to know if it’s not recovered, will I still have to pay the full price?
- It is a external WD My Passport Hard Drive. I think it could be 1 TB, but not sure.
- It stopped being recognised by the computer.
- When plugged in, it buzz and the light turns on, but windows doesnt recognise it
- I own a Toshiba 1TB external hard drive which was recently dropped, causing the drive to develop a ‘click’ and rendering its data inaccessible. I phoned earlier today and explained the situation to Phil, who kindly provided me with a breakdown of the costs involved in recovering the data – I’ve given it some thought, and have decided I would like to use your service (I’m based in London).
- I have a seagate 1tb external hard-drive and it is no longer working.
- I have a Seagate Free Agent GoFlex 1.5TB HDD (PN: 9zFAD1-500 1.5 TB). It will not initialise on Mac OS (Sierra) or Windows (8.1) but is recognised when plugged in on both OSs.
- Seagate ST2000LM003. The HDD stopped working after knocking the laptop onto the floor – therefore presuming it is a mechanical failure.
- My external hard disk is not detecting on my PC. Until couple of weeks ago, I could see the blue light on it (indication light) on the hard disk. However, now there is no light as well as I can hear a ‘tick tick tick’ sound from it. All I want is to retrieve my word and pdf files.
- I own a WD 2TB portable drive.The serial number of the drive: *WX91A47AS8HE* P/N: WDBU6Y0020BBK-WESN. I tried various recovery options thinking it was corrupt but to no avail so, I have had to open it to check whether it was a software or a mechanical issue so this where it is at : The floater heads mechanism is not moving and the discs are not spinning. The discs appear to be in good condition. No visible scratches dust or particles. Would it possible to remove the disks and read them on another device or fix the floaters.
Until next month!