Samsung ST1000LM024 data recovery

In this post we look at several data recovery enquiries we received about Samsung ST1000LM024 hard drives where the users couldn’t access their files anymore.

Samsung ST1000LM024I believe the problem is due to overheating.
I have have two external hdds that have failed. one ticks once plugged in. The other when plugged into my mac states that it is drawing to much power and the usb port is then turned off.

External hard drive fell off PC tower. The device now just clicks and does not read.
Its a Samsung ST1000LM024
One of our IT chaps has taken a look at it but cant fix it or access my files.
It holds family photographs only which we want to recover.

My western Digital my passport hard drive was dropped on the floor. It contains basic files such as spreadsheets, word documents and active inspire PowerPoints. However simple, they are quite important. The light comes on and a whirring sound is made when plugged in to the computer however the computer can not find the hard drive.
If you could estimate a quote for the repair that would be appreciated. I am a teacher so contacting me by email would be preferable.
I have been to PC world and they have told me they cannot repair the hard drive

HDD is exhibiting a steady beep when plugged in. Does not show up in “my computer”. Can you tell me your availability and rates? There is not access to the drive or the files it contains.

A teacher in desperate need of recovering all my hard work over the last 3 years off my hard drive. It fell last night and reconnected fine. Now I started my laptop up I’ve switched USB ports and even laptops but no luck! Its a Samsung ST1000LM024 hard drive and I am in Tadcaster, but occasionally visit Northampton – I know there is a data recovery centre there.