Seagate data recovery

This month we’ve had several Seagate hard drives in for file recovery operations – here are the details:

Seagate hard drive logoKeith, Luton
I have an old IDE hard drive from a friend who wants to get the data off (photographs in the main). The pins on the IDE connector are damaged so I’m looking for a donor drive to make the swap and get the data.
It’s a Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 300GB;
SN: 3NF11PHJ;
Model: ST3300831A
P/N: 9Y7284-029
Firmware: 4.40
Date Code: 06145 Site Code: AMK

Alison, Dunstable
I have a Seagate hard drive which stopped spinning up and is no longer recognised by the BIOS/Windows as a connected drive. After googling the problem, I suspect the PCB has died. I have ordered a replacement PCB for the drive, but it requires the ROM chip to be moved from the original board to the new board and I am probably not skilled enough for this work.
I was wondering if you would be able to undertake this work and how much it would cost. Also, in the scenario where this doesn’t work, I would like to know how much a full repair would be.
The hard drive is a Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD, Model: ST2000DM001

Roger, Eastbourne
I have a Seagate expansion drive which won’t power up.
It spins and then makes a couple of clicks and then dies.
I’ve tried mounting it via a computer internally with the same results.
It has been accidentally dropped, therefore I suspect that the problem is hardware related…
I would like an idea of how much you would change to recover all recoverable files and transfer them to another hard drive which I am happy to provide?

If you have a hard drive problem and just need another hard drive simply contact your local LEA ICT centre, if you need the files from the drive then come to me as we’ll need to create a data recovery ticket for you.