Getting (deleted) data off of a phone

deleted text messagesI’ve recently introduced a legal type of data recovery service where the data I extract from phones can be used in UK legal cases. Quite often I’m asked to retrieve deleted text messages, chat, internet histories or videos that were once on the phone but aren’t any longer. Most of the time, especially if the files were recently deleted, getting them back from the phone’s memory is successful. This information can then be used to support or disprove a legal case. In the UK, this process of investigating the contents of mobile phones is known as mobile phone forensics and the experts at this are Data Clinic who have a page on their site about it here: https://www.dataclinic.co.uk/computer-data-forensics/. Some of the enquiries I’ve had lately regarding recovering deleted phone data and files are:

• Iphone 5 apple logo flashes on and off. Cannot get phone to do anything else.Phone has not been backed up.
  • My iPhone 7 plus front camera stop working and the staff replace new phone in Apple store. I try to back up data to iCloud for my old phone but i do not know iCloud upload failed in store. My old phone click “erase all content and settings” and reset now as a “not active phone”. The old phone now at home and keep switch off from this issue happened. I just quick check if any chance i can get the photos back from the phone in this situation.
  • Iphone 6 stacked on apple logo since yesterday morning 09.03. I need to recover the photos and videos. I don’t need the phone repaired, just the data. Is it something you could help with please?
  • I have a Nexus 6P which is stuck in a bootloop. It turns on to the Google logo, displays it for about 10 seconds and then goes black and starts again. The only menu you can access is the bootloader menu. Starting the phone in Recovery mode has the same effect. There’s a large number of sentimental photos and videos on the phone, would you be able to retrieve them and if so could you give me a quote?
  • I’m trying to retrieve some WhatsApp messages which I deleted back in January. Accidentally returned to factory settings, and lost photos and videos