August Postings

Here’s a roundup of what’s come in at the Helpdesk in August so far.

What would be the cost of recovering data from a 120GB imoga external hard drive (photos music etc).
I work in city so would be using Lombard street branch, lost all multimedia images videos etc. WD drive . getting click sound

example mailserverI’m writing this to inquire about email verification.
I need a report regarding the sender, receiver and possibly the date of the email.
The email is on the Webmail server (www.chmail.ir). I have access to it and can forward it .
I would be glad to give you more information.

My hard drive ,is clicking, ive got all my payroll info on there. need it asap.
I’m not able to speak today as im in interviews all day but i will be able to respond to emails.
How much does the recovery cost ?

I contact you because 2 of my external hard drives need data recovery/saving.
I really need to access the files as I need to find a new job and I need my data for it.
1st:
It’s a rugged Lacie maybe 5 years old with 3 ports (usb, Firewire 200 and 400) When I plug it, it appears on the computer desktop, (I can open folders and see the files) and then it suddenly disconnect by itself after 30 sec/1min. I can’t back up this hard drive at all. Do you think there’s a way to keep it connected?
2nd:
It is a WD 1to that needs to be plugged on the electric system. So When I switch it on, I can hear it working and a little light appears, but if I plug it to the computer it doesn’t come up, no signals nothing.
My questions are: What do you think it could be? How much would it cost to get the data or repair the HDs? Is there anything that you could advise me to do please?

My toshiba 500gb external drive no longer responds to the usb plug. For a while I had to press the plug in at an angle to get the drive to power up, and hold it there, but now it doesn’t respond at all.

My external hard drive is called WD – My Passport. Its 3no. T in size. It cannot be opened or recognised / seen on my computer when I plug it in and I have tried in on 2no. different PC’s.
It also makes a terrible clicking noise when plugged in.
It has not been dropped nor had water thrown on it. It is however, around 5no. years old.
Can you provide me with a quote to fix and further information?