Beeping Macbook Hard Drive Recovery

Light comes on, drive just keeps clicking then stops spinning. WD My passport 1TB. I have a Seagate 2TB external hard drive (2.5″) that started beeping whilst plugged into my MacBook and then stopped working altogether. I’m looking for some idea of cost to retrieve data.

Macbook start screen

I’m arriving in the UK on Friday and will be staying close to Sheffield. My hard drive fell and is not regonised by the disk manager. I took it to three different data recovery shops, they all said the hard drive is dead. Is there a possibilty to get the data out of it somehow?

MacBook at white screen, spinning timer, won’t boot up. Won’t start in safe mode or single user mode. Hard drive powers up but badly damaged and not able to recover data for a customer would this be something you could possibly do.

External hard drive feel and pulled lead out not just ticks

I have a WD My Passport external hard drive which I have probably incorrectly ejected over the years. Now when I plug it in it doesn’t let me open it or even show up on my laptop. I’ve also noticed it now makes some clicking noises.
I have many old photos and an iPhoto library on this hard drive which I’m desperate to recover! How much do you think this will cost?

Do you service and recover external hard drives that have crashed?
If yes, what is the cost?
Is there a collection / drop off service?
I am based in Cambridge.

My hard drive crashed when I was in Australia while I was travelling. I think during baggage handling. Insurance wouldn’t cover it. I sent it to an Australian recovery company, ‘Ontrack Data Recovery‘. After a few weeks I received an email “Following the initial inspection, the clean room engineer has ascertained that your hard drive is suffering an internal mechanical failure, which is a failure of one or more of the internal components crucial to the drives operation and physical media damage”… They couldn’t recover it. I couldn’t give up hope, I since moved to England and thought I’d try again while I’m here. Look forward to hearing from you.