ICT Recovery Services – A Reminder

Back in March 2016 in a post titled ICT Recovery problems (see here) I talked about how we were having a lot of different hard drive repair and data recovery requests. It’s worth my reiterating that it’s really not a good idea to have a hard drive repaired. We refuse to do it because it causes more problems than it’s worth. Once a hard drive start to go wrong it must be replaced immediately by a member of my team. Please don’t ask a friend outside of work to do it for you as it causes us a lot of difficult and creates a lot of questions relating to data security. Here are two cases that eventually came to us after having been elsewhere.

• I recently took my macbook pro to repair after a hard drive fail. They replaced the hard drive with a new one but weren’t able to recover the data. I was wondering if there’s a possibility for all the things I had on my old hard drive to be recovered, and eventually to know how much it would cost me (they’re giving my old hard drive back to me).
  • I’ve got a barracude 3TB ST3000DM001 1CH166- 306, Date 14214 100717520 RevB. The drive started posting smart errors in the bios three weeks ago, i did a check disk and it took 3 hours to complete (with no errors) Unfortunately i replaced and backed up another drive by accident. So this barracuda failed and disappeared from the bios, It doesn’t make any sound at all and it’s not being recognised from the bios or windows . I also tried it with my usb to sata dongle in three machines but no luck at all. I was wandering what will be the price range for recovering or fixing this drive.

Remember, if you have any data loss issue to contact us first.