As some of you may already be aware, ICT have now been tasked (lumbered?) with supporting DVR and mobile phones. You all know what a mobile phone is but what is a DVR I hear you ask? A DVR is a Digital Video Recorder – basically it’s another name for a CCTV system. Here are some example questions that we WILL deal with, Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm.
I have a cctv dvr that stopped working . A friend that does retrievals on computers had a look and managed to get the footage up and dvr working but could not get the data off it so they took the hard drive out and connected it to another device but could not get anything up . I had it back and put it in the dvr the dvr boots up and hard drive stars spinning but then hard drive stops spinning and it asks me to format I click cancel but can not get the footage back up it is very very important footage. Is there anyway of getting the footage back?
I have an old iphone 3gs and its broken or wont charge up and i have some cherished photographs and videos stored on it which id like to retrieve. Is there anyway possible with your help that i can do this .
probably a long shot but i have broken my sony xperia z3 very badly bent and smashed badly is there anyway to recover the photos of my kids? it will not connect via usb. please help
I have got a DVR which I believe, data on it was deleted on purpose last year, as when you log in it says no data found. I was wondering if you could recover the deleted data, going back a few months and copy it on to DVD.
Hello All – Here’s the top 5 types of data loss enquiry that were logged at the ICT Helpdesk last month.
I think it’s overheated as it just stopped working and I could smell burning from the drive I removed the hard drive from the LaCie extrnal case to inspect it but could see no visual faults. It’s a 400gb drive with photos movies and music on.
- My laptop will not boot and gives the error message ‘no boot device found‘. A local computer repair company has been unable to read the hard drive, which is a Western Digital 1TB WD10JPVX. Annoyingly, my laptop had recently been running very slowly with the drive sometimes showing as being at 100% usage when I checked Task Manager but disabling Flash seemed to help so I didn’t investigate any further. I hope you can help recover my data.
- 500GB Seagate manufactured hard drive which was originally part of a Maxtor external hard drive. Approximately 250GB of data on the drive.
- The drive has failed, and is not being read by the computer. No sounds to indicate that the disk is damaged. Drive has power, and spins up. However, it simply continues to spin, without being initialised or read by the computer, so a component fault is suspected.
- I was moving my hard drives around my house and dropped the hard drive onto laminate from about 4 foot so I think it’s a mechanical problem as the drive starts up and spins for a few seconds then turns off. The hard drive is a desktop hard drive but was once an external that i had that was taken out of the chassis a while back and used in my PC for a while. Read write head damaged, seagate 2TB external hard drive. Would like to try and recover my photos and videos from my hard drive.
- Drive starts to boot to Windows 7 32 bit. Windows attempts repair but fails. Windows won’t start.Puppy Linux on Live CD does not recognise the drive as existing in file manager but it is aware of the drive in the hardware section.
- I want to enquire about two items:
1) Do you do DVD repairs? I have 4 disks that are damaged that i need recovered.
2) Can you put DVDs into a digital format? They are home DVDs with no protection issues.
The DVD recovery was an interesting one. We are hardly ever asked for this. Data is nearly always stored on hard drive, but I’m glad to confirm that yes, we can retrieve data from CD’s and DVD’s too. See your local ICT person for details.