So as 2018 draws to a close I’d like to post something completely different for a change, and in this post look at mortgage advice and brokering in Manchester. Manchester Mortgages is a company that have worked closely with us over this last year and so I’m posting some links to their services across Greater Manchester. If any of you need a mortgage advisor then please follow the links below:
Ramsbottom, Tottington, Heywood
Didsbury and the surrounding areas of Withington, Heaton Moor, Fallowfield and Chorlton.
Including the surrounding areas of South Manchester – Gatley, Cheadle and Stockport.
My thanks to the people at the UK’s http://phone-recovery.pen.io/ for the phone data recovery examples below.
Phone has died with no sign of life. Don’t care for the hardware part just need the data off the internal storage. android system is the operating system.
I want to see if I can recover some permanently deleted photos and videos from my iPhone 6s. It’s only files from the last month. The files are not on the cloud or currently on the handset.
Samsung s6 phone has fell in some water and no longer turns on.
My Nokia 7100 Supernova has been on charge for over 24 hours but is unresponsive. I would just like to be able to access all my text messages again.
I have an old Samsung Galaxy S3 that eventually bit the dust and wouldn’t boot up any more. Unfortunately I had all the photos stored on the internal memory and not backed up. I don’t need it fixed (I got a new phone anyway since this was long overdue) but I would like to recover the data off of it. Could you provide me with a quote/price estimate for recovering this data?
I have lost data from my s7 edge Samsung while copying over on 1st December 2107. Since then I tried using an online data recovery tool but no luck and then my factory phone was reset. Is it possible to recover data pre 1st Dec 2017 from my phone in particular my photos.
The screen of my xperia Z5 has recently been smashed and it does not respond to touch. The Android OS and softwares works fine but I just want to retrieve datas such as contacts, videos, photos and music from my device.
I have one 3 tb hard drive in a Synology Diskstation mounted as a Synology Hybrid RAID that has failed, so I cannot retrieve any data on it via the Diskstation. (The other hard drive had failed some weeks ago so I had sent it back for a replacement). Could it be revived, and what would the rough cost be?
Drive has stopped powering up, I need to copy the files over to a new one – I’m in Chiswick.
QNAP HS210 in RAID 1, disk 2 failed (very noisy), purchased a new disk and replaced but it didn’t rebuild the array. Upon booting up with just disk 1 it fails to recover the array. QNAP support have stated there’s a hardware failure with disk 1 after running dmesg from ssh with only disk 1 inserted: JBD: Failed to read block at offset 3176
The data from the QNAP and Synology systems is backed up on a Porsche Design Lacie 2tb drive. Dropped on floor and no longer reads. Formatted for Mac. Device sometimes shows up on connected devices and sometimes reads files, but extremely slowly. Have tried data recovery software but does not work.
I have a hard drive that is no longer able to boot or when viewed as a secondary drive on another PC you are unable to initialize disk with the error message “Error initialize disk: the request could not be performed because of an i/o device error.” This was the Primary hard drive for the PC and held the OS, before it stopped booting the PC had become unusably slow but sounded normal, now I do not believe the disk is spinning. My worry is that taking it out of the PC was what killed it.
We are an architectural practice based in Chiswick and we would like to convert data from DDS-3 and DDS-4 discs into usb digital format. They would be a total mix of 12 tapes (still to confirm). Data can go back onto with RAID NAS device hard drive.
Dropped 2tb Toshiba hard drive looking for rough price to recover data and repair please
Lacie 5 Big Thunderbolt RAID drive will not show up on the desktop. It seems that one of the 5 drives has failed, though all the blue LED lights are not indicating there is a problem. In disk utility, it says that 4 of the 5 drives are online, but one is missing/damaged. I need to see if the information on any or all of these drives can be recovered. And you’re correct, LaCie tech support is useless.
Netgear ReadyNAS 4 disk RAID 5
2 2Tb drives and 2 6Tb drives with 6-8Tb data to be recovered. Debían Linux OS, Configured as Linux_Raid, one drive isn’t readable and one looks potentially corrupt. I would like the data recovered to 2 new 6Tb drives and the two existing 6Tb drives. I believe a software based recovery should be possible. Data is mostly flat files with some application files, no databases in the required data.
Micro SD card recovery
I have two 32GB microSD cards (One SanDisk Ultra, one SanDisk Mobile Ultra), neither of which is recognised (I’ve tried multiple high speed reliable card readers and operating systems). Under linux one is detected as a 32MB (Megabyte) drive and the other reports “no media” as if it were a removable drive. I am an expert user and have recovered data from hard drives in the past so I am confident this is a hardware problem in both cases. I suspect (but cannot be certain) than one of the cards came from my old mobile and has some family photos / videos I would l would like to retrieve. I would be happy working with a raw dump of the card(s) – the type the “dd” tool would produce if the cards were working – so long as *some* of the data can be recovered. I would appreciate any information you can provide in terms of options, likely cost and chances of success for recovering this data.
This month we’ve had several Seagate hard drives in for file recovery operations – here are the details:
I have an old IDE hard drive from a friend who wants to get the data off (photographs in the main). The pins on the IDE connector are damaged so I’m looking for a donor drive to make the swap and get the data.
It’s a Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 300GB;
Date Code: 06145 Site Code: AMK
I have a Seagate hard drive which stopped spinning up and is no longer recognised by the BIOS/Windows as a connected drive. After googling the problem, I suspect the PCB has died. I have ordered a replacement PCB for the drive, but it requires the ROM chip to be moved from the original board to the new board and I am probably not skilled enough for this work.
I was wondering if you would be able to undertake this work and how much it would cost. Also, in the scenario where this doesn’t work, I would like to know how much a full repair would be.
The hard drive is a Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD, Model: ST2000DM001
I have a Seagate expansion drive which won’t power up.
It spins and then makes a couple of clicks and then dies.
I’ve tried mounting it via a computer internally with the same results.
It has been accidentally dropped, therefore I suspect that the problem is hardware related…
I would like an idea of how much you would change to recover all recoverable files and transfer them to another hard drive which I am happy to provide?
If you have a hard drive problem and just need another hard drive simply contact your local LEA ICT centre, if you need the files from the drive then come to me as we’ll need to create a data recovery ticket for you.
I’ve recently introduced a legal type of data recovery service where the data I extract from phones can be used in UK legal cases. Quite often I’m asked to retrieve deleted text messages, chat, internet histories or videos that were once on the phone but aren’t any longer. Most of the time, especially if the files were recently deleted, getting them back from the phone’s memory is successful. This information can then be used to support or disprove a legal case. In the UK, this process of investigating the contents of mobile phones is known as mobile phone forensics and the experts at this are Data Clinic who have a page on their site about it here: https://www.dataclinic.co.uk/computer-data-forensics/. Some of the enquiries I’ve had lately regarding recovering deleted phone data and files are:
- Iphone 5 apple logo flashes on and off. Cannot get phone to do anything else.Phone has not been backed up.
- My iPhone 7 plus front camera stop working and the staff replace new phone in Apple store. I try to back up data to iCloud for my old phone but i do not know iCloud upload failed in store. My old phone click “erase all content and settings” and reset now as a “not active phone”. The old phone now at home and keep switch off from this issue happened. I just quick check if any chance i can get the photos back from the phone in this situation.
- Iphone 6 stacked on apple logo since yesterday morning 09.03. I need to recover the photos and videos. I don’t need the phone repaired, just the data. Is it something you could help with please?
- I have a Nexus 6P which is stuck in a bootloop. It turns on to the Google logo, displays it for about 10 seconds and then goes black and starts again. The only menu you can access is the bootloader menu. Starting the phone in Recovery mode has the same effect. There’s a large number of sentimental photos and videos on the phone, would you be able to retrieve them and if so could you give me a quote?
- I’m trying to retrieve some WhatsApp messages which I deleted back in January. Accidentally returned to factory settings, and lost photos and videos
MacBook users beware! The way the OS X filesystem works is to restructure sectors as soon as data is deleted so that reconstituting the files from the data during a recovery attempt can not be achieved. So, if you do use Macs, please make sure you use Time Machine so that you’ve got a decent backup!! You can get a guide of using Time Machine from https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201250.
I have done recovery back up for my home computer onto external hard drive and now I lost all my files and documents that were on external hard drive. Is there any way I can get it back to way it was before?
SSD data recover on Macbook
My laptop hard disk crashed suddenly. It is an SSD 1 tb and I have a lot of valuable files on it. I wanted to know how much it generally costs to recover assuming it is possible?
Macbook air has water damage on SSD hard drive?
Can it be repaired and / or data recovered?
These following questions all relate to losing files on iPhones – the ICT’s don’t do data recovery on phones, instead we use a 3rd party contractor – go to http://phone-recovery.pen.io/.
Retrieve photos from iPhoto
I have a macbook pro 15inch, 10-11 years old. It froze once & after turning it off/on it failed turn back on or advance from the apple screen. I took it to an Apple shop who were able to have a look they wern’t able to access the harddrive. I think the laptop is probably beyond repair but I would like to retrieve the documents & photos on iphoto if possible.
If you are unable to access/retrieve anything would I be charged anything?
Anything else you need to know & if possible then I could courier the laptop with an external hard drive to place anything retrieved.
iPhone data recovery
I’m really hoping you can resolve my problem. My son dropped my husbands phone, the touch screen went u couldn’t press anything on the right side of the phone and there was grey lines. We are in Egypt at the moment. We got the screen fixed but then realized it says disabled connect to iTunes obviously the touch had played up by itself and entered the wrong passcode so many times. We have tried to resolve it from the software side, haven’t had much luck till now so I was hoping is there a way to remove the hard drive or wherever the data is stored into another phone? It’s an iPhone 6 Plus and we also have another iPhone 6 Plus.
I need to retrieve whatsapp and txt messages from my iPhone six. I didn’t have back on my iCloud.
Please let me know if it’s something you can help with.
I have accidentally deleted all photos and videos from a Samsung tablet. Is this something you could help me with? I am in West Lothian.
It seems that the ICT LEA offices in Doncaster and Swinton (Manchester) have been hit by some sort of malware infection. It’s not altogether clear where this came from but the feeling is the rogue software was introduced into the network by an infected pen-drive.
Malware has corrupted my photos of my young children, a handful of photos remain but the rest just have an orange icon. There is a page asking me to access a tor page to pay the ransom, I haven’t done anything about it, just turning the laptop on occasionally and hoping it’s gone away!!! It happened about 3-4 years ago and hasn’t gone away!
I’ve had my external hard drive (Toshiba 500gb) for a month and yesterday it ceased to power up. This was at the same time that I got a warning message telling me that my computer hard disk had been infected with a malware virus. The blue light is not flashing and there’s no sound coming from it. Yesterday it ejected itself from my computer and did not work anymore. I’ve tried plugging it in to different computers and cables. What I’m really concerned about is the data on it, but if it possible to recover the hard drive itself as well that would be great.
I recently got a form of malware on my computer and i disinfected it using a malware cleaning tool from off the internet. After the program had run it told me to reboot my computer. I did this but not the laptop doesn’t make it past the start up screen, I took it to a local laptop repair guy who said the laptop needed to be re built. He managed to remove the hard drive to keep holiday photos and videos which I wanted that were on there.
Malware can be a real annoyance and sometimes it can unfortunately ruin the data on your hard drive. A useful article about how to detect and remove malware can be read at http://www.techradar.com/news/the-best-free-malware-removal-tools.
We’ve had some strange submissions to the ICT help desk this month, including a broken toaster?? and an enquiry about a broadband office installation??? LOL – we can’t help with any of these enquiries so I thought I’d post some of the VALID queries that we CAN help with:
- Internal Seagate drive failed in desktop pc, according to another data recovery company they said they could t do a full scan so they couldn’t do a data retrieval. I originally removed the HD from the October indentify if it it was a pc or Hd problem. When I placed the HD in an external drive reader, it noted a connection and you could hear the drive power up, but it wouldnt assign a drive letter or let me view it
- I have deleted by mistake all my files from my hd external seagate and I would like to know how much do you charge to recover everything back.
- I have a WD MY PASSPORT ULTRA HD 3 TB for around a year and half and suddenly 2 days ago none of my 2 computers can’t seem to access it. The HD shows on disk utility but I’m not able to access it.I have around 500 gb of personal data in there that I would like to recover. I have tried all the methods that I could find online but none have worked so far. As far as I know the HD has never been dropped or tossed.
- Had for some time, attempted to back up – Mac not recognising drive contacted apple care, state disk corrupted and therefore cannot access. Suggest only option is to delete data, but valuable data to me (photos, videos etc) and therefore would like to recover data from hard drive before deleting. The external hard drive is an Iomega 31887300
- My external hard drive has a mechanical fault and is doing that clicking sound. I have a lot of data on it, but the most important thing to me is about 2 years (~40gb) worth of photos.
- I have a WD ‘My Passport’ external hard drive which unfortunately has broken (not recognised as a drive by any computer) and I stupidly have not backed up the data. When I have taken it to Curry’s PC World and a local computer shop they have said my data is unrecoverable by them but suggested some specific data recovery services may be able to do it, but it is a big maybe. I unfortunately have no clue as to the amount of data on it.
- Macbook Air 11″ early 2014 a1465 SSD fault. SSD installed is a Toshiba 128gb. Mac won’t boot from the ssd but will once removed. Recent update to High Sierra could have disabled or broken the SSD. Only 10GB of Photos needs to be recovered. What might this cost to recover if the failure is with the ssd hardware.
So we can’t help with toasters but we can help with the above enquiries…. Speak soon!